Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Whirlpool front load washer does not go through the final

Customer Question

My Whirlpool front load washer does not go through the final spin cycle. A.09 comes up on the time screen. What is wrong and how can it be fixed?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Wfc7500vw1
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Thank you! Is it stopping right after draining the wash water, right before it goes to rinse?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, after final rinse it won't start the final spin.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Okay, to make sure I understand, it fills for rinsing and then drains all the way but just won't spin. Is that correct?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Correct
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Okay, so it sounds like the issue may be with the pressure switch. The hose that leads to it from the tub may be plugged is all. If you remove the top from the machine (three screws along rear edge), the pressure switch is mounted at the very top of the cabinet. It will have a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it, does air easily pass? The error you are getting is shown below.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sounds reasonable but I'm not near the washer right now. Would like to try it out before rating you. How long can you keep this open?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

It will not close so that you cannot post to it, even after rating. You can always post back to it. Just reply right back here and it will notify me that you have replied.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I had to return home from the city where the washer is located so I didn't have a chance to try out your recommendations. It might be months before I get back down there again. I hope this isn't a problem having this unrated for so long.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have not been able to try out your recommendation because I am not in the state that the washer is located in right now and probably won't be for a month or so. My credit card was already debited for $37.00 even though I didn't rate you yet. Who gets that money? Is that a one time charge?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

I receive nothing until you rate. I have no account access at all, only to this thread.