Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a GE dishwasher Model 480N00WW. The indicator lights

Customer Question

I have a GE dishwasher Model 480N00WW. The indicator lights come on showing there is power to the unit but it won't start. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Do the buttons respond to touching when it is programmed but it just won't start?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They don't seem to respond.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

If the touch pads are not responding, then you probably have a bad touch pad.

Your touch panel is likely experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.