Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Sharp Micro Wave model. R-530ES-T the turntable just

Customer Question

My Sharp Micro Wave model. R-530ES-T the turntable just stopped working along with not heating. The inside light turns on and the timer counts down and turns off with no noise. It was working great up to just prior to this.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

So unfortunately this means that one of your door switches has failed. There are 3 door switches and usually the bottom one is the one that fails, but you'd need to remove the outer shell of the microwave and test the switches to know for certain which switch is bad. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to test the actual door switches inside your microwave to know which one to replace. Now access on your microwave is completely different however. You will need to remove 1 screw coming in from the right and left side toward the bottom. Then remove the screws coming in from the back of the microwave along the top, right and left edges. Once all the screws are removed, the entire outer shell will pull straight back, up, and off so that you can test the switched through the right side of the microwave. Some of the screws you need to remove screws are actually size "T-20 safety torx bit" screws. You can pick up this bit at any hardware store, but it is sort of a bit that most non-technicians may not have in their house already.

CLICK HERE for video on how to test switches

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.