John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I've just bought. HARE60K slot in Hotpoint cooker. I

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I've just bought. HARE60K slot in Hotpoint cooker. I previously had a Hotpoint and replaced it with this new one. I had my old double oven fan oven for 18 problems. This one however, takes 20 mins to heat the fan oven and 40 mins to cook chicken breast compared to 20 in my old with little or no pre-heat. How will I cook a turkey at Xmas in this? I'm sure this can't be right. Is it possible it needs adjusting in some way?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No I think that's all...only had this a week and am so disappointed.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 7 months ago.

When you turn the oven on to say 200 degrees is this taking 20 mins to get to it?

Is the fan inside the oven running all the time from what you can see?