Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Gaggenau model GB 031-707 with down draft vent. The

Customer Question

I have a Gaggenau model GB 031-707 with down draft vent. The vent doors are opening and closing periodically on their own. What do I need to stop them from doing that?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is a switch that has likely gotten grease in it and it is creating an electrical path intermittently. I would replace the switches.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you. ***** able to do that without a repairman? How do I find the right switches?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

The unit will need to be completely disassembled for access to the internal components. I have not had one torn down that far and by looks of the process in the manual, I would recommend you call for service to have it repaired. However, if you wish, I can open your question up for others in case another feels they can walk you through it safely.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How do I get a manual?