Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Have water at dispenser but not at icemaker, I checked water

Customer Question

Have water at dispenser but not at icemaker
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I checked water valve both are working
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Can't find filter if one
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

If you have verified the water inlet valve is working properly and the ice maker is still not getting water, then you need to check the water inlet tube at the ice maker and make sure its not froze up, sometimes even thought the valve is operating properly the solenoid that serves water to the ice maker can have a slow drip to it causing the water to freeze in the tube and blocking the water flow, if the tube is not frozen up then the ice maker itself is bad and will need to be replaced, if you will give me the model number of the refrigerator in question I will be glad to find you replacement part numbers once you figure out which part is at fault, let me know if you have any questions, in the meantime:

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.

After rating my service you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions you may have for free.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just one of the technicians on the site that is here to help answer your question. We do not get credit for helping you unless you click on the star rating system. So if you feel my answer has been informative and has helped you then please be sure to rate my service at this time. Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

also depending on the model refrigerator it could be a bin sensor or optics control boards some models have them some do not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any electrical that sends signal to open the water to the icemaker
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

There are many types of icemakers and systems I will have to know the model number of the refrigerator before I can tell you how to manually invoke a harvest cycle of the ice maker

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very helpful

the only answer I can give you without a model number is ***** you can invoke a harvest cycle on the ice maker to make water enter the unit but I can't tell you how without a model number I am trying to be helpful but you are asking for information I can't nor could anyone else give you without a model number. The best I can do is tell you to manually fill the ice maker with a glass of water and see if the ice maker dumps the ice, if so the odds are the water inlet valve is bad or the fill tube is frozen.