Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag MFI2665XEB6 French door/bottom freezer

Customer Question

Good morning. I have a Maytag MFI2665XEB6 French door/bottom freezer refrigerator. The door ajar alarm keeps going off. I was able to turn the alarm off but the outer display lights stay on (will not go into sleep mode). Also, the internal refrigerator lights will not come on. I checked the gasket around the inside of the doors and didn't see any issues. I have also unplugged for 15 or so minutes to try to reset to no avail. Please help?!
Grant
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

So unfortunately it sounds like your door switch has failed. Almost always the door switch that fails on this model is the one for the upper left door. This is a double contact switch while the right one is a single contact switch so below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for door switch

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.