Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Samsung RS267 D refridg isn't cooling Freezer is working

Customer Question

Samsung RS267 D refridg isn't cooling Freezer is working great? Temp only on outside goes down to 34 degrees that is the lowest i can program for? not sure the inside temp but milk is sour?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 8 months ago.

Hi there,

most times on a samsung unit that means you have a defrost issue and the evaporator coil on the refrigerator side of the unit and it has frozen up so the fans can't circulate the air correctly in the unit. You will need to pull the cover off the back of the refrigerator wall and see if there is ice built up on the evaporator to know for sure, but typically this is the issue it's a very common problem with those units, most side by side units have one evaporator in the freezer section that circulates air to the refrigerator area, but the samsung units have a evaporator in both the freezer and the refrigerator this causes the unit to be more efficient but also causes them to have more problems. Here is a video that will show you how to remove the panel and also how to replace the defrost components in the system. Let me know what you find and if you need me to locate the replacement parts to repair the system if you do find It's a defrost issue, thanks. Click here for video

In the meantime:

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.

After rating my service you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions you may have for free.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just one of the technicians on the site that is here to help answer your question. We do not get credit for helping you unless you click on the star rating system. So if you feel my answer has been informative and has helped you then please be sure to rate my service at this time. Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.