John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have whirlpool 9.9c fridge with freezer on top freezer

Customer Question

I have whirlpool 9.9c fridge with freezer on top freezer works fridge won"t cool it is 2 yrs old does freezer cool bottom and there is an ice build up that needs to be cleared?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: freezer is on top works fine, bottom won't cool did this about a month ago and then started working again
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Appliance Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Appliance Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Appliance Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

It's quite possible that an ice build up is blocking the downward flow of cold air from the freezer compartment to the refrigerator. The simplest way to find out is too use a heat gun or hair dryer to melt any accumulated ice in the cold air chute. If you'll send me the model number, I'll search for the technical information I need should the problem be caused by parts failure. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
number is(###) ###-####
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

.