John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Whirlpool Sport ht, 7 yrs old. Realised2 months ago it

Customer Question

Whirlpool Sport ht, 7 yrs old. Realised2 months ago it wasn't going in rinse and spin on its own. We did it manually. Then last week, when we put it on the rinse/spin, it would shut itself completely off. We cleaned the trap.. Unplugged it for a couple of minutes. Plugged it back in. Now , it will lock and start water on wash cycle, spin some for 35 or so seconds and shut off. Try to immediately start it, it shuts off immediately . Any other settings, turns off machine immediately too.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: That is all I know.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

When it shuts down does the display shut off?