Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our washing machine is flashing F20 on the digital screen.

Customer Question

Hi. Our washing machine is flashing F20 on the digital screen. What would that indicate? Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

F20 means that your washer isn't filing up with water quick enough. Now the washer has 5 minutes to fill up with water so if the error is occurring much quicker than that, it means your model has a flow meter causing which isn't reading the water coming into the washer so make sure you have good water pressure from both hot and cold water lines coming from your house. If so and water isn't coming in, replace your electronic water valves. If water is coming in, replace the flow meter.

As for the door being locked, the washer goes into flood mode if it tries to fill for 6 minutes and doesn't get to the correct water level so just wait 15 minutes with the washer plugged in and the washer should exit flood mode and allow you to open the door and re-start a cycle again. Also you might here the drain pump running during flood mode so that'll stop after 15 minutes also.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?