Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

May tag Neptune washer nF displays on screen. Then in order

Customer Question

May tag Neptune washer nF displays on screen. Then in order to finish a load, I must press rinse then start. Wait for that to run. Then press spin & start. Also clothes are coming out smelly
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: May tag Neptune. Clothes coming out smelly. Nf displays on screen. Yo finish load must press rinse then start wait for that to run then press spin & start for that to run.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of....
JA: Our top Appliance Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Appliance Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Appliance Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Error nF means that the washer isn't filling up with enough water. That will stop the washer in the middle of a cycle and by pressing rinse and start again, it picks up where it left off filling the washer up and might be able to actually fill up to the proper level since it has already partially filled before the error occurred. You'll need to make sure you have good water pressure getting to the washer from your house and make sure the filter screens where the fill hoses connect to the back of the washer aren't clogged. If that checks good, then you'll want to order and replace the electronic water valve for your washer. Since the issue is occurring during rinse, the cold water valve is the one in question.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?