Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag (Jenn Air?) oven model number JJW9330DDS.

Customer Question

i have a Maytag (Jenn Air?) oven model number JJW9330DDS. about 5 or 6 years old i'd guess... everything works fine except for the fact that the oven temperature can not be set... when you switch on the oven's "bake" function it seems to default to 350 degrees... and it can not be changed from there... thoughts?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no basically, this is the problem... the only other thing would be if this oven model is "just the oven" (should it need to be replaced) or is the cooking field on top a non-separable part of it... thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If you can press bake but you can't change the temperature, that means that your touchpad buttons are beginning to fail and some work while others do not. The entire touch control panel would need to be ordered and replaced to resolve this issue and the part number is ***** for the part. The part is about $120 through oliversoutlet.com if you wanted to order the part.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
part of your answer is hidden under the "get unlimited answers offer", which i am honestly not interested in at this moment...
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, you could be able to close that screen out, I do apologize, that is just something the site offers. I'll send you the answer again but I'll copy and paste it 2 times in case it tries to cover it again. Again, I apologize about the inconvenience.

ANSWER:

ANSWER:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
see it now... thanks... how difficult it is to replace it myself?also, the other part of the question wasn't answered: is this model number a stand alone oven only or id is a full device with cooktop... (asking if i need to replace it)
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

It shouldn't be hard at all really to replace it. The model number you have listed I believe just an oven with no cooktop. To replace the touchpad, just flip the breaker off to the oven and open the door. Remove the screws going into the side trim of the oven and pull the oven straight forward and out. Then remove the screws just behind the control panel on the right and left sides as well as along the bottom of the control panel. The control panel will then pull forward and you can separate the display board from the touchpad and plug the board into the new touch control panel.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?