Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have a Maytag built in microwave oven that does not

Customer Question

We have a Maytag built in microwave oven that does not operate, as if it has no power, which it does. The model number is ***** serial number 11204871GJ, manufactured May 2005. Is there a fuse somewhere I can check?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

So there are a couple of fuses on this microwave. One is a thermal fuse and the other is an inline fuse. You can try to remove the vent panel above the door and the control panel to access the fuses, but I think you'll only be able to access the inline fuse from the front. To access the other fuse the microwave will need to be uninstalled and the outer shell removed. Part number 10 on the diagram below is the inline fuse, and part number 15 on the left side of the microwave is the thermal fuse. If either part has no continuity, then replace it. This breakdown image in the link below is a breakdown of all the parts ABOVE the microwave cavity and control panel.

CLICK HERE for breakdown

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?