Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Looking to run diagnostics on a kitchen aid dishwasher

Customer Question

Looking to run diagnostics on a kitchen aid dishwasher kude40fxss5
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Clean light flashes 4times. Cannot enter anything
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Nope
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

The flashing clean light tells you everything that is wrong with your dishwasher. 4 flashes means that your washer is detecting your circulation pump drawing too much power. You'll want to flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher and pull the dishwasher out so you can tip it on it's back or side. First, look at the hose connected to the pump. The clamp on the hose has been known to come loose and cause the pump to get wet. If that occurred, get a new clamp and leave the dishwasher unplugged or the breaker turned off to it for 48 hours while it dries out and you should be good to go again.

Now if the hose is still securely attached, then you'll need to remove the circulation pump and check for any debris hitting the impeller stopping it or causing resistance. Remove any debris you find, then reassemble the dishwasher and try to run a cycle. If you get the error code coming back, the circulation pump would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say. The circulation pump is the large motor below the dishwasher just to be clear since there is a drain pump and diverter.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.