John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Ice maker has quit. We replaced the electronic board s. it

Customer Question

Ice maker has quit. We replaced the electronic board s . it worked one day and quit. .does not fill in water.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Good Morning!

If you open the door first, look at the red light to the right, is it flashing 2 times and then pausing over and over? If you shut the flap on the left side and make a clear path from right to left, does the light turn solid?

OK, now look inside the icemaker itself, is there any ice or water in the icemaker mold? There are white fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker mold, what direction are they facing? Are they above the horizon or below? Pointing forward or backwards?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?