Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Ice build up in freezer?

Customer Question

Ice build up in freezer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

The ice build up means that your drain line is being blocked and freezing over causing it to back up and form a sheet of ice below the bottom drawer in your freezer. You would need o pull everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer to expose the silver evaporator coils and the drain below that. Clear out the drain and shoot hot water down with a turkey baster to make sure it's draining down into the drain pan below the refrigerator and you should be good to go again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?