Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

When moving the dryer I bumped into the washer which was in

Customer Question

when moving the dryer I bumped into the washer which was in the spin cycle-now it spins as though it's off balance. I'm sure that service will be necessary, but just want to see if you have any idea what's messed up.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

So the only thing I could think of that might have been disrupted causing it to spin off balance would be the 4 suspension rods/springs that support the tub. If you remove the top panel you can actually see one rod going down to the bottom of the tub in each corner. You will need to make sure one of them didn't become detached and if they all look good you may need a technician out to look at it or you can replace all the shocks if everything looks good. Below is a link to all the shocks.

CLICK HERE for suspension shocks

Now there isn't a video on how to replace the shocks, but there is a video on how to replace the lid switch which is the same process to remove the top panel so you can inspect the shocks or replace them. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to remove the top panel so you can look down into the washer.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?