John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

First,what is the cost to talk to you diagnosis? Have had

Customer Question

first,what is the cost to talk to you for a diagnosis? Have had similar sites give me info on what to replace, which I hvave and still have the same problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Maytag Bravos top load washer, f 50 error code appeared after bearing replacement. Since have replaced the rps sensor and the main control board. Double and triple checked the function of the shaft itself, still comes up with an f 50 error code. Already into this thing for $400 in parts, getting a little ticked.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.

How long ago did you have the bearing replaced.?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I replaced the bearings about 10 days ago, the washer just gone done doing a load before I took it apart to do the bearing replacement.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
After the new bearings were installed, reassembled everything, turned on the washer and he F50 error code pops. Been dealing with this for 10 days now.
New RPS sensor and control board installed, same result.
Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.

Even though F50 generally means you need to replace the control board.

The reason I say this is because F50 really means that the motor thinks the tub is seizing up.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Prefer to text right now, I've already spent a boat load of money on other sites giving me their advice and I still have the same problem. Replace this, replace that, ok did that, did that. Still the same result. the only other thing I haven't replace is the stator. That was going to be my next move.
Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.

Unfortunately you will need to pull this thing apart again to see if there is something did't get put together after the bearing was installed.

Only other thing I can think about a piece of clothing got into the 2 tubs.

Not sure what you mean by (Perfer to text right now)?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have already had everything apart 3 or 4 times. Removed the rotor, removed the stator. Checked to see that the lock nut was not overtightened on the bottom of the shaft. Removed the inner tub, checked to see that no adhesive was on the shaft after the seal install. etc.
This is now where I am at, no inner tub installed, stator and rotor installed with new RPS Sensor, new main control board. Because another site said replace both which I did, still an F50 code.
Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.

Did you have the code before replacing the bearing?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
As I stated before the bearing replacement, my wife had just completed doing a load of laundry. No, there were no issues with the exception of the unbearable 100 decibels of noise during the spin cycles. hence the reason for the bearing replacement.
Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.

You never stated anything about a your wife had just completed doing a load of laundry. No, there were no issues with the exception of the unbearable 100 decibels of noise during the spin cycles. hence the reason for the bearing replacement.

Unless you got a bad bearing causing drag.

It sure sound like something didn't get put back together properly.

Sounds like you need to call out a professional appliance repair tech at this point.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.

I won't send you the rating page. I believe if you do not rate me you should not get charged for this.

By the sounds of things you have spent a lot of money at this point.

Good luck.