Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have a refrigerator made by whirlpool. The brand is

Customer Question

we have a refrigerator made by whirlpool. The brand is Estate TS22Af. The icemaker
will not make ice. There is water thru the door, but no water goiong to the icemaker . What might be our problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

So probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator. First, make sure the freezer is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the freezer is over 10 degrees. Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. You can also make sure it's not frozen by disconnect the water line coming from the icemaker and going to the valve at the valve itself. Blow through the water line to make sure it's clear. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?