John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My GE top profile washing machine makes a loud grinding

Customer Question

my GE top profile washing machine makes a loud grinding noise when agitating but not during spinning
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: during agitation only the grinding sound comes from under the front of the tub but during spin it does noting nothing an empty load will also not make the sound
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

What is the complete make and model of the unit?