Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have an kenmore elite oven model# 790-99022802. The light

Customer Question

Hello, my name is ***** ***** have an kenmore elite oven model# ***** The light bulb was changed in the oven; unfortunately it was not the correct light bulb. When the bulb was screwed in the oven; the oven was still connected to the power source. Therefore the incorrect bulb blew the fuse and the power to the circut board found on the face of the oven. We do not have the manual that the oven came with. Please help, thank you. Sincerely, Heather
Submitted: 7 months ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

So unfortunately there are no fuses or cut outs between the light bulb receptacles and the range control board. That means that if you have reset the circuit breaker and the oven still doesn't work, your oven range control board is shorted. This board is part number###-##-####and it's located on the back of the oven. You'll need to order and replace this control board to resolve the issue. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?