Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My name is ***** ***** I was looking regarding my maytag

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** I was looking for info regarding my maytag fridge model mfi2569yem2 I was defrosting the freezer and un clogging the drain hole I turned the water off to the dispenser when I turned it back on I wasn't getting water out of the dispenser but the ice maker is still making ice
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when I press the lever water comes out fast for a second then it goes to a small stream slow then kinds stops it sounds like the valve is working I hear a humming when the lever is pressed
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The slowing of the water at the door is indicative of a poor supply to the valve or a plugged filter. Is the water that feeds the valve from an RO system in your home?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Replaced the filter and it stopped working after I shut off the valve to fix another problem the ice maker still works
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

If you remove the hose from the valve and place it into a bucket and turn the valve on, is the pressure good?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I didn't do that but it wouldn't make ice if the supply line wasn't working
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Well, you said the pressure is good initially, so the small amount of water the ice maker needs is getting good pressure initially, probably long enough to fill the tray. Did you flush the filter after installing, holding the dispenser down for a couple minutes?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I was trying but the water was coming out so slow
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Does it change if you put the old filter back in?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It wasn't working with the old filter either
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

I suspect the issue is with the water supply to the valve. I would recommend you verify good pressure from home water supply to the valve. I believe that is where you are going to find the issue. When you test it, be sure the valve position is the same. I have seen some valves actually close down when they are opened all the way!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It was the water supply I disconnected the line on the valve turned it on and no water came out so I pulled the valve out of the body and turned on the water to blow any debris out and put it back in and got water thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Excellent job!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!