Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My GE Electric kitchen stove model JBP3580H3WH. The burners

Customer Question

My GE Electric kitchen stove model JBP3580H3WH. The burners nor the oven will come on. The clock comes on when one of the burner knobs is turned on but goes off when the know is turned off.
A few days ago we had the main panel turned off while doing some A/C work. The panels are now all on and the stove panel, a 40amp breaker, is on. Is there a re-set button somewhere that needs to be pushed?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

The issue you're experiencing means that the oven is only getting 110 volts to it and not 220 volts. It sounds like when there was AC work down a few days ago, the power to the stove was affected somehow. If you flipped the breaker switch off and on and still have the same issue, you can pull the oven out and check the power cord to make sure nothing is wrong with the power cord, but you will need an electrician out to look over the incoming power because something is stopping 220 volts from getting to the oven.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?