Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a siemens iq700 dishwasher. Upper arm is taking water

Customer Question

Hi I have a siemens iq700 dishwasher. Upper arm is taking water but not spinning. I have cleaned filter and lower filtre of débris, removed the water pipe and run through with water and all fine. Can't work out why it won't spin?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Is the lower wash arm spinning good when the main wash motor is running?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have it on a regular wash now
just opened the door and the water seems to be cold and the upper arm is not spinning. Side jets and top jet is giving water and the upper arm is filled with water so water is getting to the arm

Ok is the unit full of water for sure?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I detached the water pipe feeding the upper tube dismantled the puma head and cleaned everything including the arms, the filtre and the lower filter. I checkedthe flow of water through the arms before refitting and also that water flowed through the feed pipe.

The only thing that could cause that issue would be a motor issue, if the motor impeller is loose form the motor and not spinning correctly that will cause that issue as there really is not much else that could cause it.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is this something that can be repaired?

Sure replace the motor on the unit and you should be good to go again, it is not that bad of a job. Motor may set you back 100-150 US dollars

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok - should a machine under 2 years old surfer with this problem?

Yes I have seen this on these, they use a really cheap motor to run them and either the motor slows down or the impeller gives issue. NOw on some models there is a delay when the top wash arm will spin as the motors are so weak they only do one at a time. You can let it run for about 10 minutes and see if the top wash arm position changes...if not replace the motor.