Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

We have a Whirlpool range model number RF378lxkq. After an

Customer Question

We have a Whirlpool range model number RF378lxkq. After an oven self cleaning session, the oven door will not open and its displaying error code E1 f5. We have disconnected power and that doesn't help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

This is a latch motor issue. Either the switch on the latch motor is stuck, the wiring to the latch motor is bad, the latch motor is burned out or the control is bad. You need to remove the back panel on the unit to get at the latch motor....CLICK HERE.

Once you are there you can either remove the latch motor from the unit and manually pull the rod to release to the door. You can test the latch motor for power to see if it is getting 120 volts from the board. If so and it is not turning replace the motor. If it is not receiving power from the board after you have turned power off to the unit for 30 secs and turned it back on replace the board.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU