Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Samsung front loading washer is stuck at 7 minutes and won't

stop ... just keeps going... Show More
stop ... just keeps going. Pulled out the hose to drain water and then cleaned the filter. Didn't fix the issue.
Category: Appliance
replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is probably with the pressure switch, provided the water is draining from the machine okay. If you remove the top from the machine (screws along back edge), the pressure switch will be found right at the top of the cabinet. It will have a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it, does air easily pass?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer reply replied 11 months ago.
Dc68-02807A. We have a dryer on top of the washer so I'll need to find a buddy to help take it off before I can check.
Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago.

The model tag will be around the door opening once the door is open. Let me know what you find with the pressure switch. I will be around all day tomorrow.

Customer reply replied 11 months ago.
DC68-02807A isn't the model #?

No, that is a part number, probably from the tag you read it from. The model will look like WF42H5200AP.

Customer reply replied 11 months ago.
It's WF210ANW/XAC ... inside the front door

Great, thank you! The attached pages will show you how to initiate the service mode to retrieve error codes. Can you post what you find. please?

Customer reply replied 11 months ago.
When I cycle through the nob I see the following codes on the display:
d
d5 (several of the knob selections)
--
Customer reply replied 11 months ago.
Just realized d5 is likely ds :)

That error means there was an issue with the door switch at some point. It may be that the secondary switch in the lock is not working. Does it spin at any point, even if just after the wash cycle before it goes into rinse cycle?

Customer reply replied 11 months ago.
Oh yeah, it spins and works just fine. Once it gets to the 7 minute mark, it goes back to 16 or 27 minutes and then does the same at 7 minutes again. I tried just a spin/rinse and the same thing happens except at the 5 minute mark ... stays at 5 for a few minutes and just keeps looping. But the machine all the while seems to be running fine.

Sure sounds like the pressure hose may be restricted and keeping the control thinking that there is more to drain out. Are you seeing a lot of soap suds during a cycle? That can cause issues like that, too.

Customer reply replied 11 months ago.
Not sure about the soap suds. Is there an easy way to check the pressure hose?

Sure, the top has to be removed, then you can simply remove it from the switch and blow through it. Detergent and softener residue have a tendency to migrate to the opening and plug it, so blowing through it is usually very effective in assuring it is clear.