Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a maytag 5000 series getting the sud error, i am

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I have a maytag 5000 series getting the sud error
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: i am doing now a afresh clean load to try to clean the mecine
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: its circling but the screen is showing an error
JA: Our top Appliance Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Appliance Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Appliance Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Now its mid cycle and shows F21 error
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The error code F21 indicates that the control is getting a message from the pressure switch that there is too much water in the tub. This can be caused by a faulty signal from the pressure switch or too much water being in the tub. Most often times, this is caused by poor drain pressure from the drain pump. The drain pump has a filter that is designed to catch any debris before it gets into the pump impeller. This filter is likely obstructed and will need to be cleaned out. At the bottom of the front panel are three screws. Once removed, you will have access to the drain pump assembly. It is in the center of the machine, directly behind the front panel. The filter will simply unscrew to allow access for cleaning. Have towels on hand, the water will come out once you remove that filter! Clean the filter out and run a rinse cycle to verify proper operation.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you explain what I should do now, i unplugged the sustem but its fill with water and the door wont open
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Yes, you will need to remove the lower access panel to clean out the pump filter. Did you read the instructions above?

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry but this was not in any help.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Oh, okay.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.

Was there anything you still needed help with?