Stefan T
Stefan T, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home Appliance Technician at AST Enterprises
93058382

I have a Kenmore quietguard standard model no. 587.15188401.

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore quietguard standard model no. 587.15188401. it washes the dishes and drys the clean light comes on. I empty the dishwasher, load another load and the clean light is still on and wont start. I thought it was a door switch problem and replaced the latch switch assembly. if you power down it resets and does one load. Lynes
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when the door is opened it doesn't reset
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Stefan T replied 10 months ago.

Hi I am Stefan and will be glad to help you with this problem. If you have any other info please let me know while I look up this model. I do alot of dishwasher repair so I should be able to find a solution for you.

The clean light will stay on to indicate a finished wash. If you open the door it should turn off the light. You can also press any key at the end of the cycle to turn it off. If the clean light does not go out when the door is open, that indicates a problem with the door switches for the dishwasher. You door switches are a part of the door latch assembly (part# *****). You can also check the switches yourself with an OHM meter to check for continuity of each switch. It might be possible your new latch is bad as well.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have ck the switches they are good. What else can I look for

This might be a case where you may need to call out a service technician for your appliance to see if there is anything out of the norm with your dishwasher. IT might be simple enough for them to pinpoint the problem. My other recomendation is to make sure the door is latching shut properly. I don't think this is the problem directly because then it should not rum at all. It also sounds like it could be in wiring for the door switch. Check that out to make sure it is ok with an OHM meter. If all else fail do contact your local repair shop and have them send out a technician.