John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

Frigidaire model frs6r5ebc leaks water every few days. I

Customer Question

frigidaire model frs6r5ebc leaks water every few days. I have checked the drain hose and it is clear. Water poured in the freezer drain under the cooling coil drains into the pan under the cabinet.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Check the water drip pan at the bottom of the fridge to make sure there are no cracks in it, especially at the corners. Remove any mold build up you see. Make certain the defrost drain hose empties into the drip pan. Look at the area where the defrost drain hose leaves the freezer compartment to make sure it hasn't come off its attachment nipple.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
As stated, the water when poured into the drip pan inside the freezer goes into the pan in the bottom of the freezer.
The water the makes it to the floor comes from the area around where the drain tube exits the cabinet. this is on the right hand side of unit as viewed from the rear. The drain hose crosses to the left side of the unit where it drains into pan.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

OK. Thank you. It sounds like there's an opening in the drain hose inside the cabinet wall, probably near the freezer section. Cracks appear in this area, due to expansion and contraction of the hose material. If this is the case, only replacement of the hose itself will solve the problem. Sometimes this is an easy job, especially if most of the hose line is exposed, but often it can be difficult, when the hose is imbedded in the wall insulation.