Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have ice build up behind the pantry drawer in our Kenmore

Customer Question

We have ice build up behind the pantry drawer in our Kenmore Elite Refrigerator, Model 795.72045.410. We cannot even get our drawer to close all the way and it continues to build up. What can we do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

More than likely the defrost drain line behind the refrigerator panel is frozen up. Then when the unit defrosts the drain water runs down under the drawer and can freeze. You need to defrost the unit and remove all the shelves and the rear panel to expose the evaporator. There is a drain behind the rear BACK INNER panel on the unit. You need to remove that panel get to the drain pan under the evaporator defrost it with hot water, hair dryer or steamer...that will expose the drain hole. Once exposed used a turkey baster and hot water or a steamer to blast the ice in the line clear. Once you have it clear pour 1.2 cup of hot water down the drain to make sure the drain works and reassemble...that is it!

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU