Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Second time in two months my refrigerator/freezer is

Customer Question

For the second time in two months my refrigerator/freezer is frosting up. It is an Amana refrigerator over freezer. The first time it happened, I shut it down for a couple of days. It ran fine after the shut down and cleanup. Why is it frosting? It is a frost free combination.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

It has a defost issue, either the defrost timer is bad or the computer (depending on the model of the unit since you failed to supply that) or it could be the defrost thermostat or the defrost heater, you will need a ohm/voltage meter to troubleshoot the issue and I will need the model number of the unit to help you further. In most cases if you dont have a meter to troubleshoot on an Amana refrigerator you can just replace the timer and the bi metal and be ok but again I will need the model number to give you part numbers. In the meantime :

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you have any other questions, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking care of this. Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking

care of this.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating or feel I deserve a negative please let me know.