Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Fridge damper motor keeps running when its closed, I

Customer Question

Fridge damper motor keeps running when its closed, I disconnected and there is still a beep coming from frezzer side. also temp display in fridge keeps rising then goes back after reset.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

So unfortunately you can't disconnect the damper or else the temperature can't regulate properly and it'll keep beeping when it realizes that. Your damper has some switches built into it that tell it when it's in the open or closed position and that is what stops the motor from continuing to run. It sounds like one of the switches on the damper assembly has just failed so you need to replace the damper. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace to resolve the issue.

CLICK HERE for damper assembly

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.