Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Karima my stove won't stop beeping and it is flashing the

Customer Question

Karima my stove won't stop beeping and it is flashing the F10 code. How do I make the beeping stop
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It started doing this about 3 wks ago so I turned the circuit breaker off turned it back on today and now it won't stop beeping
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F10 means that your oven thinks your oven sensor is shorted. This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. WIth a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you I will have my husband do this when he returns from work..thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

No problem and I'm glad I could help. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.