Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The stove and oven will not heat, I checked circuit breaker,

Customer Question

the stove and oven will not heat
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I checked circuit breaker, it is ok. I have power to the plug. The control panel lights up and I have clock function and I can dial up a temp. Oven will not heat. I tried the stove top and that will not heat either, the "surface heating" light will not come on also
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: Our top Appliance Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Appliance Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Appliance Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

So the only thing that would cut out heat to both the cooktop and the oven is if your oven is only getting 110 volts and not 220 volts from your house. You're going to need a multimeter to test power most likely. Flip the circuit breaker off for 60 seconds and flip it back on to see if that resets power. If not, then pull the oven forward and remove the access panel on the back of the oven where the power cord connects to the back of the oven. Use a multimeter to test power between the 2 outside power terminals on the terminal block. You should have 220 volts. If not, then you know you have a power issue with your house, the power cord, or the plug receptacle. If you do have 220 volts from your house to the terminal block on the back of the oven, there is a shorted wire somewhere between the control panel and the terminal block you'll need to track down.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There must be some type of thermal sensor that came on. I unplugged the appliance for 30 minutes, replugged it and everything is working again.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

There is no thermal sensor that affects both the cooktop and the oven. It sounds like you were just getting a bad connection from the power cord so unplugging it and plugging it in again allowed it to get a better connection

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is a slide in range that never moves. How could the plug move. I don't think this was the answer. I did check with multimeter to start troubleshooting and did have proper voltage.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

I assure you this is the answer. Sometimes contacts on the cord just develop a bad connection and just wiggling them will give a good connection again. Again there is NO thermal sensor or cut out on this oven that will affect both the oven and cooktop. Only he supply power can affect that as I originally advised