Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a Whirlpool Duet washer that is about 5 months old.

Customer Question

Hey, I have a Whirlpool Duet washer that is about 5 months old. Yesterday, it ran without water due to an unrelated plumbing problem. Now, the display is completely unresponsive. The only light that comes on is the door lock indicator. The washer does come on and it sounds like it is trying to drain the water, but I don't know that for certain.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

unplug the washer for 10 minutes plug it back in and hit the cancel button, it should reset, what happened is it registered an error and shut down now it needs to be reset, if killing the power does not reset it let me know and give me the model number and I will give you the control reset procedure for that specific unit, thanks. In the meantime:

We are on the honor system for our time so I Kindly ask you to rate or vote (whatever it may be called at the top of your screen) my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page.

This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!