Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I just purchased a thermador gas stove masterpiece series

Customer Question

I just purchased a thermador gas stove masterpiece series every time I cook the flames spread beyond my pan and leave soot on them
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Bock soot on my pans when I use my gas stove
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No black soot on my pans and the stainless scratches easily
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Is the unit on Natural gas or LP

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Natural a propane company drliverebit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Delivers it

So the unit is on PROPANE not NATURAL GAS correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I pay suburban propane

OK the issue is you need the oven converted to Propane it has Natural Gas orifices in it which are 3 times as big as PROPANE ones. You need someone to converted the unit to PROPANE or you will have soot and issues big time.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU