Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I need to change out the lights in my hood over Thermadore 5

Customer Question

I need to change out the lights in my hood over Thermadore 5 burner gas stove top.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Same as above. I have taken off the filters, but can not get the glass or plastic cover off the lights in hood to put in new bulbs. One bulb lasted for 7 years. The other one I replaced last year has already burned out. So, also, which brand of bulb?
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: Our top Appliance Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Appliance Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Appliance Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 7 months ago.

Can you please provide the make and model number off the unit.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's is upside down and hard to read. I got it in 2009 Thermadore hood with the 5 burner gas stove top. 36" I believe. Not sure which numbers are for hood .
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
E-NR VC129CS. /01. FD. 8612. 000003. I think
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
120V. 60 Hz. 310 W
2x 136 W. 2x 20 W. ***********
Type HBD BA52-3
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do you need the bar code at the top?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Bar code is. 306120240681000036
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please let me know you got all info I sent
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

I apologize, the other expert opted out. To remove these light bulbs, they come with the glass and everything, not just the bulb. These were not designed for the bulbs to be replaced separately. There is a pig tail wire connection coming from the light socket assembly. If you remove the filter and flip the circuit breaker off to the vent hood, you can reach up above the lights and unplug the wire connection. Then squeeze the 2 metal spring brackets on the side of the light socket so that the light assembly will pull down and remove completely. Below is a link to the light assembly you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for light socket assembly

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I checked out you "solution" and discovered you were wrong. You did not give me any information about how to get the glass top off or how to get a little bulb out so I figured it out on my own. I took the bulbs to Home Depot and got a replacement and put it in for seven dollars, both of them, for seven dollars. Had I replaced the entire unit as you described it would've been $30 each. So I would like to have my money refunded which I believe was around $28 on my credit card. Please refund the money.