Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Dishwasher Samsung DMT400RHS bought secondhand. Will run 5

Customer Question

Dishwasher Samsung DMT400RHS bought secondhand. Will run for about 5 minutes then stop. Error is Water Supply...replaced water intake valve. (flashing smart auto light)
What else do I do???? Please help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the valve is new, the flow meter in the inlet assembly is likely faulty.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Should the water enter the dishwasher from the condensation vent on the side? When we started to run it with the door open, that is where the water was filling the bottom of the dishwasher at.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

It enters at the left side, through that part I sent you the link to.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sorry. ill order the part and let you know if it works then! Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Kelly, I installed the new part as you recommended. and I am still getting a water supply error. my previous dishwasher did not have this issue.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Is water entering the machine even though the error appears?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It Trickles in through the vent of the part I just replaced.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

So when it errors out, is it full of water or very low?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
very low. it only runs for about a minute before it error and drains.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Is there good water pressure to the valve from the home's supply?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the plumber came out and checked the drain and water supply. bc we recently had otherwork done to our sink. I wanted to double check first I started ordering parts.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Well, if you have good pressure to the valve, the valve is new and the inlet is new, I am not sure what is going on. I suspect the water pressure to the valve may be too low.