Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

This is re: Fisher Paykel washer not draining or spinning. i

Customer Question

this is re: Fisher Paykel washer not draining or spinning. i just did the test you suggested to the customer 6 year ago, and the 7th light is the one lit up, all others are out--what could this be?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the washing machine would not spin, and the water would not drain. read on another site that it cannot spin without draining so there must be a problem with the water draining. After doing the push button test you described 6 years ago, the 7th light is the only one lit up...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The most common cause of no drain is a plugged pump. The pump uses a small electric motor that is easily jammed. If you tip the machine back, you can access the pump from the bottom of the machine. Remove the hoses and remove any obstructions. If nothing is found, you will likely need to replace the pump.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
turned the machine sideways and can see the moter, which is very dusty/spiderwebby; have vacuumed it. do you mean i should I detach the 2 hoses( one inut one output) entirely to check for obstructions?
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Yes, the hoses will need to come off. Of course, water will leak if it is still full, so be prepared.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
already bailed the water out of the tub before turning it, so should not be too bad
question is there a right way and wrong way to detach these pieces, want to make sure i do not damage anything...
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

No, just make sure the machine is unplugged and slowly remove one hose to allow any residual water to slowly drain out.

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?