Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I'm ***** *****. I have an LG WT1101C that shoots water out

Customer Question

I'm ***** *****. I have an LG WT1101C that shoots water out the top back for about 3 seconds when the water first starts filling at the start of a cycle. I thought I would 'easily' open up the top back cover by removing the 2 screws as shown in the service manual, but the corner covers on the back capture the back cover and I can't figure out how to remove the corner covers. Thanks for your advice!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no, that' pretty much it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The wiring harness retainers will need to be released on the back of the machine (left side) and then the screws removed. Once the screws are removed, the entire back of the top panel will jerk up and then the whole top panel will slide forward and allow it to be hinged up for access under the top.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Kelly. I'm not sure we're talking about the same machine. The only wire I have coming out the back of the washer is the AC power line. Is that the 'wiring harness' you are referring to? If so, how do I release it? I have not 'opened up' anything on this washer yet so maybe you think I'm further along or something. And you state 'the entire back of the top panel will jerk up'. That's what it looks like in the service manual also, but this washer back is actually in 3 pieces: 2 corner pieces and the center piece. Removing the 2 screws does NOT release the center piece as it is also held captive by exposed molded tabs. Do these corners pieces just snap out maybe? Does the top hinge from the front or the back? Maybe I'll start working my way into it now that I have some help!
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

No, if you look at the back of the machine, you will see two plastic clips poking out from the inside of the machine. You need to squeeze those little clips and push them in so the wiring harness is able to move.

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

That model you have is different from what I am seeing. I found two different lookups, one on LG tech site and one on Sears. I am going to have to verify which one is correct.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here is a picture of the back left corner showing how the corner cover captures the back cover. You can also see the seem where the cover mates with the lower body.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
anybody out there... I need some help please