John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have a doyon ja4 3phase how do I Conever to sile phase, I

Customer Question

I have a doyon ja4 3phase how do I Conever to sile phase
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have switch my oven from 3 phase to single what wires do I eliminate
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have a doyon ja4 3phase I want to convert it to single phase how can my electrician do this
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! IT appears that the unit has to be ordered with the needed power requirements because there are different controls. depending on the electrical requirements. See the manual at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Do you have the complete model number?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ja4 that's all it says
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can you help me
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

There are several numbers missing, can you post a picture of the data plate?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Does that help
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Unfortunately, no. I will place your question back to the list and if I am able to locate any more information, I will post it.

Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

May I please know what type of appliance you have, so I can give you accurate information? Thank you.

Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Please disregard my first response to your request. If you go to www.manuals.kdfsi.com/doyonJA4, you'll find a pdf file with all the pertinent wiring information you need to make the change. I'd like to suggest that, if you're wanting to make this conversion, in the hope that you'll consume less power than with 3 phase connections, you will not. Whether you have single phase or three phase, the oven will use the same amount of watt/hours to accomplish its selected baking function.

The supply wires, two plus neutral, for single phase operation will carry more current than those for three phase operation, three plus a ground wire. Care must be taken to avoid exceeding the wire current capacity.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Do you need any more help, before your request times out?