John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My kitchenaid America dishwasher (model kdte04dss0) takes 12

Customer Question

My kitchenaid America dishwasher (model kdte04dss0) takes 12 hours to complete a cycle. it seems to make rinse noise for about 6 seconds, then stop; then re-commence; also the rinse light goes on and off; it almost seems as if it is cycling on and off; I cleared the sink drain (which might have been causing this), but not sure if this resolved issue.
Please advise if there is an easy fix or obvious possible solution to be tried.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 10 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Have you tested the outlet to verify that the unit is in fact getting full voltage constantly to it or not?

Do you run the hot water ant the closest sink before turning the dishwasher on ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I notice that the "sani rinse" button is "on". Is it possible that the unit is stopping to heat up the water? We have hot water on demand in the house. I can try turning off sani-rinse.....I have a voltage meter. Are you suggesting it could have an intermittent electrical connection?

No this unit does not stop to heat the water in circulates the water over the heating element to heat the water.

And We at least need to test the voltage coming into the unit if nothing else to just rule that out .

When it stops and the lights go out do not touch the control panel or open the door just test the junction box on the bottom right front corner where the electric comes into the unit to see if it still has voltage there or not.