Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a jjw9627aab jennair double oven and the display is

Customer Question

I have a jjw9627aab jennair double oven and the display is not showing anything anymore -over works and heats correctly
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

This oven is fairly well known for this issue. The display fades out to the point that it's no longer readable anymore. The only way to fix the issue is to replace the display board itself. The new board is now sourced through a different manufacture so it shouldn't occur again in the future but unfortunately quite a few of these units have this problem. Below is a link to the display board you'd need to order and replace to resolve this issue. The part is about $310 so it's not a cheap fix, but it is fairly easy to replace.

CLICK HERE for display board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I am a a different tech APPLIANCE GURU,

Before replacing a 300 dollar display board you can do a simple $10 repair to the board with a basic soldering gun and a couple cheap capacitors from your local Radio Shack. If you get to the board and locate the 2-3 capacitors on the board. Note the ratings on the capacitors and purchase them and resolder them in place...BAM BRIGHT DISPLAY! Here is a link to further assist you on this.

CLICK HERE

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks APPLIANCE GURU

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Replacing the capacitors will only temporarily resolve the issue at best. The board has been re-designed and they use a different manufacture because the issue continues to re-occur since resistors go out of range.