Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have an Amana model #12858110. I've changed the water

Customer Question

I have an Amana model #12858110. I've changed the water filter many times. However, I just changed the filter and now the water dispenser will not work. Filter seems to be installed correctly. What to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Install the old filter to make sure you didn't just get a faulty filter. If water still doesn't come through, then your filter receptacle has failed I'm sorry to say and it will need to be replaced. There is a diverter valve inside which cuts the water supply when you remove the filter so it doesn't flood your house when you remove the filter. This allows you to replace the filter without turning the water off to the refrigerator. Unfortunately this valve on the filter housing will fail sometimes and it won't open back up so you just have to replace the filter receptacle.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That wasn't really very helpful
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

I'm not sure what you mean. You now know what the problem to your refrigerator is. I can't control what fails any more than you can.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
All you did was tell me I need to feet my fridge repaired....that's not helpful!!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

I don't know what "need to feet my fridge repaired" means. But what more can I do for you without actually going out to your house since that's obviously not an option.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I am a different TECH....APPLIANCE GURU.... I see you are not happy with the current tech and would like to offer you assistance with this issue, first could you get me the complete model number off the tag on the unit so I know what I am looking at. That is on the tag when you open the refrigerator door. It starts with LETTERS not numbers. Thanks and I look forward to speaking with you

Appliance Guru