Sean F.
Sean F., Customer Service
Experience:  Appliance Tech at Appliance Repair
92140848

W10131461A model Whirlpool Cabrio. SD indicator comes up

Customer Question

W10131461A model Whirlpool Cabrio. SD indicator comes up during rinse cycle along with alert signal. lights around selector level flashing. have tried troubleshooting in manual. pls help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

One minute please while I look up you appliance info. Mean while please read.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my EYES & EARS! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem.

******We are on the honor system here. So please remember to rate my service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you don't rate me, unfortunately do not get credit for of the help that I have giving you so please rate me. You can continue follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE after rating my service if you still needing help.

I will be with you in just a min.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Will you please get the model number off the washer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
W10131461A
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did a diagnostic scan per Youtube. the washer displayed C0 then C1 and now C2. water is going into the drum. not sure what is happening.
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Where are getting the model number off the owners manual?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
off of the washer
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

That number is ***** a good model number. I check 2 different web sites and still nothing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WTW6700TW1
THAT'S ON MY RECEIPT
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Yep that's the one. One min please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
F30 F71 F70 ARE MY ERROR CODES
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

SD code stands for slow drain. Is there still water in the tub?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no but the clothes are wet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
soaking wet I meant
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Remove them and you will nee to pull the unit out and remove the back of the washer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what part exactly am i removing? the metallic part?
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

What your going to be checking is for some junk that may have gotten in the drain pump. Here is a video that show how to get the pump off. This one shows to lay the washer down but if there is still water in it, it will spill out. I like tilting it forward against something instead of all the way down.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygQs8Ktz3BE

Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

How things going?

Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Since its been 2 hours since you responded back to me. I am taken what I suggested and the video I provided did the job to fix it. But if you still need me let me know.

Have a great weekend.