Sean F.
Sean F., Customer Service
Experience:  Appliance Tech at Appliance Repair
92140848

Maytag gemeni model mer6770aaw, the upper oven broiler is

Customer Question

maytag gemeni model mer6770aaw, the upper oven broiler is staying on when the oven is shut off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.

One minute please while I look up you appliance info. Mean while please read.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my EYES & EARS! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem.

******We are on the honor system here. So please remember to rate my service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you don't rate me, unfortunately do not get credit for of the help that I have giving you so please rate me. You can continue follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE after rating my service if you still needing help.

Be with you in just a min.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK
Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.

Alright what you will need to do is to pull out the unit and unplug it and take the back off the range and look for any bad wires going to the broil element. Also inspect broil element for damage.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok, the tan wire coming from the right side of the broiler element goes into a connection on the backside of the stove, this connection piece looks like a capacitor, sensor or something, brown ceramic disc. this is broken
Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.

If it is broken then you need to replace it. Its grounded out causing it to stay on.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what is it?
Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.

Does the broken piece look like this?

Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.

Are you still with me?

Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.

I am taken it since I have not heard back from you. That part was the issue and you found they part that you are needed.

I will be leaving in about 30 mins for most the day. And will check back in later. If you still need me let me know. If not please don't forget to rate me with the 5 star rating before you leave today.

Have a great weekend.