Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

When I washed a rug in my washer, it unraveled around the

Customer Question

When I washed a rug in my washer, it unraveled around the agitation center. Is there a way I can take the center piece out and remove the rug parts ? The model # ***** *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

To remove the agitator, you just need to grab the softener cap on the top of the agitator and pull straight up hard to remove it. It's just held on by friction. That will expose a bolt down below the softener cap going down through the agitator that holds the agitator onto the transmission shaft. Remove this bolt and the agitator pulls straight up and out.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?