Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag dryer Model MGD9700SQ0 TYPE:

Customer Question

I have a Maytag dryer Model MGD9700SQ0
TYPE: BADT-NAT-1206006-EL20
It is plugged in and when I try to start it I hear a click but it won't start. Any ideas what is wrong with it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

So if you hear a click there are a few things that can cause the problem. There are some fuses mounted to the vent and heating system below the dryer drum that can cut power to the motor. The other thing would be your belt switch next to the motor and tensioner pulley. If the washer thinks the belt is broken, then it will stop the motor from working as well. You'll need to remove the top panel first, then the control panel, then the front panel so you can look and see if the belt is broken. If the belt isn't broken or hasn't fallen off, then use a multimeter and test continuity through all the different fuses and whatever one is open---replace it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.