Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

A friend stayed in my house while I was away. I tried to use

Customer Question

A friend stayed in my house while I was away. I tried to use my GE Profile Microwave this morning and I get "Controls Locked" message. How do I unlock?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

If the control lock is engaged, all you should need to do is press and hold CLEAR/OFF for about 3 seconds to unlock the control panel.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?